Moving from the U.S. to Japan
(The vaccine record will be shown in the order of each country’s vaccine system)
(your current Pediatrician is NOT a Japanese speaker)
- 1. Obtain the child’s immunization records from the child’s pediatrician in the U.S. and have them sign
- 2. Translate the records from Japanese to English, using this website.
- 3. After making sure there are no errors, print it out.
- 4. Upon arriving in Japan, find a Pediatric practice, and obtain an appointment for an initial visit.
- 5. Provide the translated immunization records to the pediatrician at the time of the child’s first visit.
- 6. The child’s immunization records will be entered into the “Boshi-techo” (Japanese record book of Mother-Child Health) .
This completes the transfer of immunization records. Any missing immunizations and /or additional immunizations required in Japan will be added to the child’s future immunization schedule.